If you have a scrapped car on your property, you may be wondering what to do with it. You don’t want to just leave it there, as it can be a safety hazard and an eyesore. Here are some steps you can take to get rid of your scrapped car:
- Check with your local laws. Some cities and counties have ordinances that require you to remove scrapped cars from your property within a certain amount of time. If you don’t comply, you could be fined.
- Contact a scrap car removal company. (cough cough) There are many companies that specialise in removing scrapped cars. They will come to your property and take the car away for free, or for a small fee. We remove scrap cars for free as part of the service, and offer the best price for all scrap cars.
- Do it yourself. If you’re feeling up to it, you can remove the car yourself. However, this can be dangerous and time-consuming. You’ll need to get the car towed to a scrapyard, and you’ll need to remove all of the fluids and parts.
Once you’ve decided how you’re going to get rid of your scrapped car, you need to take some steps to protect yourself.
- Get a receipt. Whether you’re hiring a company or doing it yourself, make sure you get a receipt for the car. This will protect you in case there are any problems later on.
- Dispose of the fluids and parts properly. Car fluids and parts can be hazardous to the environment. Make sure you dispose of them properly by taking them to a recycling centre or a hazardous waste disposal facility. We dispose of fluids and environmentally damaging materials at our Authorised treatment Facility, so you don’t have to worry.
By following these steps, you can get rid of your scrapped car safely and legally and make yourself some cash along the way!.
Here are some additional tips for getting rid of a scrapped car:
- If you’re hiring a company, get quotes from several companies before making a decision.
- If you’re doing it yourself, make sure you have the proper tools and safety gear.
- Be prepared to wait. It can take some time to get rid of a scrapped car, depending on the method you choose.
Scrapping your car is a good way to get rid of a safety hazard and an eyesore. It’s also a good way to recycle the car’s materials and help the environment. By following these steps, you can get rid of your scrapped car safely and legally.
Here are some additional benefits of scrapping your car:
- You’ll get some cash for your car.
- You’ll free up space on your property.
- You’ll help the environment by recycling the car’s materials.
So if you have a scrapped car on your property, don’t delay. Get rid of it today! Call us on 01772 700 607